6 Important Health and Nutrition Tips You Can Follow Anytime in Your Life
When it comes to health and nutrition, you’re easily diverted to many things that can easily confuse you. Even the experts in this particular field often seem to have opposing views on the subject. But despite some of these disagreements that some of them may have had with each other, we can still find a number of reliable wellness tips that we can follow. Take the time to read these 6 important health and nutrition tips that you can follow at any time in your life:
- Get enough quality sleep. The importance of getting enough quality sleep can never be underestimated. Lack of sleep can have a negative impact on your health. When you are sleep deprived, you can build insulin resistance. It can also alter your appetite hormones and reduce your physical and mental performance. The worst thing is that when you sleep poorly frequently, it can lead to weight gain and obesity. A study conducted on the relationship between lack of sleep and weight gain has concluded that lack of sleep can increase the risk of obesity in children and adults by up to 89% and 55%, respectively.
- Drink more water. It is a known fact that drinking lots of water can have numerous benefits. It is responsible for a 24-30% increase in metabolism over 1 to 1.5 hours, according to a study, which can equal an additional 96 calories burned if you drink 8.4 cups (2 liters) of water a day. Don’t wait until you feel thirsty to drink water because feeling thirsty is a sign that you are already dehydrated. The best time to drink water is before meals. Drinking 2.1 cups (500 ml) of water 30 minutes before each meal, according to a study, can increase weight loss by 44%.
- Exercise regularly. It doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to go to the gym to accomplish this. But if you can take the time to work out at the gym that’s a big yes. The human being is made for movement. You have to move that body of yours on a regular basis and produce some sweat, so that even the smallest form of exercise you can do can make a difference. Whether you are doing cardio or lifting weights, the important thing is that you are doing something that your body can benefit a lot from.
- Reduce your intake of salt and sugar. Too much salt and sugar in your diet can lead to poor health. The point is simply to “cut down” to a healthy and substantial amount, but not completely eliminate them from your diet, as your body also needs a small portion of sugar and salt. Excess sugar consumption, according to experts, is one of the leading causes of obesity and many chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes. A high-salt meal, on the other hand, can cause a greater volume of blood to flow through your blood vessels and arteries, which can lead to a temporary rise in blood pressure.
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits. Many good things have been said about eating vegetables and fruits. And yet some people may seem to ignore this fact and instead resort to consuming unhealthy foods. Vegetables and fruits are packed with prebiotic fiber, vitamins, minerals, and many antioxidants, some of which have powerful biological effects. The consumption of fruits and vegetables and longevity are closely related. This is because when your diet is made up of lots of vegetables and fruits, it prevents you from the diseases you can get from eating fatty foods and meat.
- Stay away from bad habits and vices such as gambling, drugs, smoking, and alcohol use. Vices are bad habits that are difficult to control and that can eventually destroy you if you don’t stop them in time. Any normal habit you may have can become harmful if it leads to a point where it controls you. And once it takes hold of you, it affects your health or threatens others.