Moringa Oleifera: The Most Nutritious Food In the World
Did you know that Moringa Oleifera is the most nutritious plant ever discovered? It’s a superfood and it is called by many names: miracle tree, drumstick tree, horseradish tree, Ben tree oil, and more. Moringa, which grows abundantly in the tropical and subtropical regions of the world, is native to Asia, South America, and Africa.
For many centuries, this super nutritious tree/plant has been used and consumed by many people due to its medicinal properties and health benefits. Every part of this tree/plant is packed with important nutrients and other high-value compounds. This plant/tree is an effective remedy for malnutrition, that is why mothers of malnourished children are advised to cook and include Moringa leaves in meals to add flesh to the bones of their children.
Every part of the Moringa tree/plant is packed with important nutrients and other valuable compounds. Let’s review the nutritional and medicinal properties of Moringa:
- It has phytochemicals
- It provides 7 times more vitamin C than oranges
- It provides 10 times Vitamin A than carrots
- It provides 9 times more protein than yoghurt
- It provides 17 times more calcium than milk
- It provides 15 times more potassium than bananas
- It provides 25 times more iron than spinach
- It provides 4 times more chlorophyll than wheatgrass
- It contains the phytochemicals tannins, terpenoids, sterols, flavonoids, alkaloids, anthraquinones, and saponins
- It contains the anti-cancer agents glucosinolates, glycoside compounds, isothiocyanates, and glycerol-1-9-octadecanoate
- It has antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial properties that fight infections caused by Salmonella, Rhizopus, and E. coli
- It contains lactogogues that are generally prescribed to nursing mothers to increase milk production
- It contains the naturally-occuring amino acids leucine, isoleucine, methionine, lysine, valine, tryrosine, proline, cystine, alanine, glutamic acid, aspartic acid, serine, and more.